Health eVillages Appoints Three Healthcare Luminaries to Advisory Board
Seasoned Executives Bring Extensive Global Healthcare Expertise to Life-Saving mHealth Program
Marlborough, MA (October 25, 2012) – Today, Health eVillages, a program delivering critical healthcare information via mobile technology to clinicians practicing in challenging environments, is proud to announce the appointment of three new members to its Advisory Board: Tim Bristol, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF, a nurse educator and e-learning consultant; Caleb DesRosiers, JD, MPA, healthcare counsel at Foley Hoag LLP and strategic advisor to Mansa Capital; and Toni Hays, PhD, RN, President of Regis College, nurse educator and health policy expert. The expansion of Health eVillages’ Advisory Board comes on the heels of the program’s one-year anniversary. Since its inception in 2011, Health eVillages has made a significant impact in improving access to critical medical information worldwide, launching six programs in remote, under-resourced hospitals and clinics around the world.
The new Board members bring a unique mix of seasoned healthcare experience and extensive knowledge on global health innovation.
- Toni Hays is currently the President of Regis College and has helped build the College’s nursing program and School of Nursing, Science, and Health Professions since joining the faculty in 1985. Most recently, Hays has overseen the development, funding and launch of the Regis College Haiti Project, an international nursing faculty partnership initiative collaborating with the Haitian Ministry of Health and Haitian universities in educating nursing faculty in Haiti.
- Tim Bristol is a nurse educator, informatics specialist, and internationally known educational consultant whose specialties include curricular innovation and global nursing education through his work in Haiti and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Caleb DesRosiers is healthcare counsel at Foley Hoag LLP and strategic advisor to Mansa Capital. Caleb’s background includes launching an advisory firm and holding healthcare executive positions in the public and private sector. Caleb serves on the advisory board of Physicians Interactive, and boards of Affinity Health Plan and EHRIntellligence.com.
“This is an exciting time for Health eVillages and we are so pleased to welcome three individuals of this caliber to our Advisory Board,” said Donato Tramuto, CEO and Vice Chairman of Physicians Interactive and Founder of Health eVillages. “Tim, Caleb and Toni bring deep expertise in healthcare education and technology to the Board. Their insights will play a critical role in our mission to help clinicians in need raise the quality of care for their patients.”
To date, Health eVillages has made critical improvements to patient care in six pilot locations in Kijabe, Kenya; Lwala, Kenya; Uganda; China; Haiti; and rural Louisiana. The program provides handheld devices, such as smartphones, iPod Touches and iPads, that include specialized medical reference content and clinical decision support tools powered by Skyscape to clinicians in those underserved areas. As Health eVillages remains focused on expanding its global footprint in the coming months and years, it recently developed a strategic partnership with Oakstone Publishing, LLC, one of the foremost providers of non-biased multimedia continuing education materials for physicians. The new initiative blends Oakstone’s CMEinfo® video learning tools into Health eVillages’ tablets to offer medical professionals another continuing education tool to leverage as they try to stay up-to-date with the latest clinical procedures.
Additional members of the Health eVillages Advisory Board include:
- Donato Tramuto, Founder, CEO and Vice Chairman of Physicians Interactive
- Steve Andrzejewski, Chief Executive Officer of Spiritus Pharmaceuticals
- Alexander Baker, Former Chief Operating Officer of Partners Community Healthcare, Inc.
- John Boyer, President and General Manager of MAXIMUS Federal Services
- Greg Divis, President and CEO of KV Pharmaceutical
- Dr. Mary Jane England, Professor at Boston University School of Public Health
- Kerry Kennedy, President of the RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights
- Glen Tullman, Chief Executive Officer of Allscripts
- Devin Paullin, Executive Vice President of Corporate Business Development of Physicians Interactive
- Neil Versel, Freelance Healthcare Journalist
For more information about Health eVillages, please visit www.HealtheVillages.org.
About Health eVillages
Health eVillages, a program of the not-for-profit Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, provides state-of-the-art mobile health technology including medical reference and clinical decision support resources to medical professionals in the most challenging clinical environments around the world. The Health eVillages Advisory Board is comprised of an all-star consortium of health information technology leaders, human rights and international development experts, healthcare providers, and health policy thought leaders. With the Board’s guidance and the support of in-kind contributions, corporate sponsorship and major donors, Health eVillages’ mission is to empower medical professionals with mobile health tools and training that help improve the quality of care in some of the poorest, most underserved areas on the globe. For more information about Health eVillages, please visit http://www.healthevillages.org/.
About Physicians Interactive
Physicians Interactive (PI) is the leading provider of online and mobile clinical resources and solutions that fit within the medical professional workflow to provide better patient care. We use the full power of our worldwide network of healthcare professionals and life sciences companies together in ways that will change the practice and business of medicine, for the better. PI has developed a foundation of user-generated, proprietary and public data that powers a networked suite of transactional applications, including EHR-based eCoupon and messaging, eSampling, multiplatform learning programs, and mobile solutions. Physicians Interactive is a division of Skyscape.com, Inc. For more information about PI, please visit www.Physiciansinteractive.com.